MEDIA CREDENTIAL REQUEST FORM
NICOLE TAYLOR, MEDIA CONTACT
The following policies are applicable for:
- April 21-23 | EYBL #1 (Hampton, VA)
- April 28-30 | EYBL #2 (Indianapolis, IN)
- May 12-14 | EYBL #3 (Atlanta, GA)
- May 27-28 | EYBL #4 (Los Angeles, CA)
- July 12-16 | EYBL / Peach Jam (N. Augusta, SC)
Team Rosters and Program Books will be available a half-hour prior to the first games EACH DAY. All Box Scores will be posted on www.NikeEYB.com each evening.
- Media credentialing will be conducted only during designated hours, and credentials will only be issued at the host facility. Each session, credentials will be available starting 30 minutes prior to the first game. Pickup will close at the start of the final game.
- NIKE/Position Sports Public Relations reserves the right to limit the number of credentials for each event. There will be a two-credential limit for each outlet (unless it has been pre-approved by Nike/Position Sports).
- News media affiliated with legitimate news organizations will be issued a MEDIA A business card or news ID may be requested at media check-in.
- Non-traditional outlets, including recruiting magazines, scouting services and websites, may be issued a SCOUTING SERVICE credential and asked to provide clips of their work to obtain credentials. They may also be asked for a business card or identification at media check-in.
- Photojournalists will be issued a PHOTO credential and may be asked for a business card or news identification at media check-in.
- Nike/Position Sports reserves the right to revoke any credential due to non-compliance with our media policies.
EYBL (Elite Youth Basketball League) Media Interviews
- All interviews must be facilitated by Nike/Position Sports Public Relations during the designated times in designated locations. Instructions to come from Position Sports.
- Interviews with student-athletes are to be conducted ONLY at the host gymnasiums.
- NIKE/Position Sports Public Relations reserves the right to limit the number of interviews conducted.
- No interviews should be conducted on-court at any time.
In an effort to relieve congestion at the playing facilities and ensure the enjoyment of the student-athletes at the event, we have established the following policies:
- All members of the media must remain on the outer perimeter of the playing area and may sit in the general seating areas only (not player benches, etc.).
- Photographers may take photos from the designated areas on the outside baselines of each court. These areas are the only places where photographers may sit on the floor and shoot photos. Photos may be taken while sitting in the general seating area as long as the other spectators’ views are not adversely affected. Standing tripods are not allowed for use in this area. Photographers (with cameras) are the only persons allowed in the designated photo areas. Photographers may not photograph the medical/athletic trainer sections of the courts.
- Video interviews with student-athletes will be permitted post-game only. One cameraman is permitted per outlet per game. Video media outlets are allowed to record up to 10 total minutes of footage per game and can post highlight footage with a maximum of 3 minutes per game. Due to broadcast rights, video of the Championship game may remain posted for a maximum of 72 hours following the event.
- Web streaming is not permitted unless approved by Nike/Position Sports.
- Credentialed members of the media are not allowed at the player host hotel at any time. Please do not interview the student-athletes during non-interview times.
- It is not permitted to ask student-athletes for phone numbers or personal contact information. Please communicate with head coaches directly.
- Anyone who violates these policies may be asked to relinquish their credential and leave the facility. Failure to comply with video policies may result in future credentialing reviews.
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League!