Media Credential Form will be posted in 2014. You can fill the form out online, email or fax it to us. (Email to be used for confirmation.)
Kevin Foley, Position Sports
The following policies are applicable for:
- Nike Skills Academies (Bigs/Points – June 24-26, 2013; Kevin Durant – June 28-30, 2013
- LeBron James Skills Academy (July 6-8, 2013)
- EYBL Finals at the Nike Peach Jam (July 10-14, 2013)
- Nike Global Challenge (July 17-21, 2013)
Rosters, Programs and other media kit materials will not be available until a half hour prior to the first games/sessions on the first day. Any Box Scores will be posted on www.NikeEYB.com each evening
- Media credentialing will be conducted only during designated hours and credentials will only be issued at the host facility. Each event/session, credentials will be available 30 minutes prior to the first game/session.
- Nike Communications/Position Sports Public Relations reserves the right to limit the number of credentials for each event. There will be a two-credential limit for all outlets.
- Blogs, YouTube Channels, sports agencies or outlets without official web sites will not be granted access.
- Any credential request coming from an unofficial email address will be automatically reviewed and the applicant may be asked to provide links to story samples.
- News media affiliated with legitimate news organizations will be issued a MEDIA credential. A business card or news ID may be requested at media check-in.
- The non-traditional outlets, including recruiting magazines, scouting services, and dot-coms, may be issued a SCOUTING SERVICE credential and may be asked to provide clips of their work in order to obtain credentials and may be asked for a business card or ID at media check-in. Photojournalists will be issued a PHOTO credential and may be asked for a business card or news ID at media check-in.
- Outlets interested in videotaping any games or workouts, must apply for VIDEO credentials specifically.
- At its discretion, Nike reserves the right to deny or rescind any individual/outlet’s media credential. Individuals admitted as press should be performing duties singularly focused on editorial coverage of the event. Those attempting to gain access on behalf of outside marketing interests, event operators, sports agents and agencies will not be admitted.
- Nike Communications/Position Sports reserves the right to revoke any credentials due to non-compliance of our media policies.
All student-athletes will be available for media interviews each day during our events.
- All players will be available during designated media interview times right off on the court. Position Sports staff will be on-hand to facilitate interviews if needed.
EYBL Events/Nike Global Challenge (Elite Youth Basketball League)
- All players will be available following each game directly on the court. Position Sports staff will be on-hand to facilitate interviews if needed.
- Interviews with student-athletes are to be conducted ONLY at the host gymnasiums. No exceptions. Nike Communications/Position Sports Public Relations reserves the right to limit the number of interviews conducted.
In an effort to relieve congestion at the playing facilities and insure the enjoyment of the student-athletes at the event, we have established the following policies:
- All members of the media must remain on the outer perimeter of the playing area and may sit in the general seating areas only (not player benches, etc.).
- Photographers and videographers may take photos from the designated areas on the outside baselines of each court. These areas are the only places where photographers/videographers may sit on the floor and shoot. Photos may be taken while sitting in the general seating area as long as the other spectators’ views are not adversely affected. Photographers/videographers (with cameras) are the only ones allowed in the designated photo areas. Photographers/videographers may not photograph or record the medical/athletic trainer sections of the courts.
- Video interviews with student-athletes following games is permitted, but taking footage of games or workouts must be pre-approved. No videotaping of games or workouts is permitted at any of the Skills Academies.
- At the EYBL Finals, each VIDEO media outlet is allowed to record up to five minutes of footage per game and can air highlight footage up to 72 hours following the game. One cameraman is permitted per outlet per game
- Web streaming is not permitted unless approved by Nike Communications/Position Sports.
- Credentialed members of the media are not allowed at the player host hotel at any time. Please do not interview the student-athletes during non-interview times.
- It is not permitted to ask student-athletes for phone numbers or personal contact information.
- Anyone who violates these policies may be asked to relinquish their credential and leave the facility. Failure to comply with video policies may result in future credentialing reviews.
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy the Nike Elite Youth Basketball summer schedule!